Friday, August 1, 2014

Delayed Reaction: The X Files: Fight the Future

The Pitch: I wonder if this super-popular show will translate into a super popular movie?

What Took Me So Long: I've never watched the show, or at least much of it.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I wanted to test how much of this movie works for non-fans of the series. I wanted to believe that I could follow it. That was a mistake. I'd like to have more to say about it but I have no idea what to say. David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, expectedly, have great chemistry. I assume there's a lot to the plot that works with the show. I followed what was happening. At the same time, I was distinctly aware that there was a larger story being told. I liked Martin Landau. He isn't in the show is he?

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It isn't the movie's fault that I came in unprepared. How could I honestly speak ill or well of it?

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment