Monday, August 4, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Disclosure

The Pitch: A man is sexually assaulted by a coworker. How unbelievable would that be?

What Took Me So Long: I watch the first half hour of it years ago and never revisited it when I realized it was more like Wall Street than Fatal Attraction.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Demi Moore in her Striptese days is never to be ignored. That's a fact. Michael Douglas is obscenely great at playing a millionaire everyman. I can't think of anyone else who pulls that off as well. The social commentary about harassment in the workplace is pretty dated, but the larger story about Douglas' company is compelling enough with a couple twists I didn't expect.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It's tough when the most interesting scene in the movie is in the first 30 minutes and the rest is essentially fallout. It tries admirably to keep being interesting but it's an uphill climb.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment