Sunday, August 17, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Scary Movie 3

The Pitch: Holy shit guys! Did you see how much the second movie made when we put in no effort at all? Let's do it again.

What Took Me So Long: I hate hate hate these "parody" movies. I didn't even like the original Scary Movie when the Wayans brothers were involved.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Know your enemy, I guess. And, there is Anna Faris. I love Anna Faris. I hate that she owes her career to these movies because she is too good for this.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I would love to hear a reasoned defense of this movie or the movies of its ilk by a fan. Obviously, there are fans. It didn't just magically make all this movie. I'm generally good at going into movies willing to give them a chance and I'll normally come away with something good to say, so it baffles me when there is someone so frame to frame awful that I nearly have to stop watching. To start with, I get the Signs and The Ring parody. What the fuck does 8 Mile have to do with scary movies? This is a highly undisciplined movie, proving that there is a difference between organized chaos and actual chaos. This movie is loose because no one bothered to write a second draft of the screenplay, not because someone wrote it to appear out of control (think Gremlins 2). I'm going to stop here. This is, unsurprisingly, an awful movie. If you like it, I do question your taste in anything. Sorry, but it's true.

Verdict (?): Strongly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment