Friday, August 22, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Presumed Innocent

The Pitch: Harrison Ford wants to do a court drama. Write a script. Any script.

What Took Me So Long: If you instructed me to develop a completely generic courtroom drama, the title I'd've settled on probably would've looked like this one.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Harrison Ford is fine. There's a decade early union of John Spencer and Bradley Whitford that was fun.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Apparently, all courtroom dramas before A Few Good Men had to be shot in as boring a way as possible. This was so friggin' dull I couldn't believe it. The twist at the end is cool in a What Lies Beneath sort of way. I almost didn't make it that far. Seriously, how can a movie be shot so entirely without a pulse?

Verdict (?): Strongly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment