Sunday, August 3, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Six Days, Seven Nights

The Pitch: I have no idea how this movie was pitched. At all.

What Took Me So Long: This is always struck me as "generic romantic action comedy".

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) It's Harrison Ford right as he is in the twilight of his leading man in an action movie part of his career. There's Anne Heche being uptight. David Schwimmer being nervous. Jacqueline Obradors puts in time as the attractive native (at least, I think she was a native). It's not a very long movie and I appreciate that it didn't add needless filler.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I'm not really sure what this movie is. There's a Romancing the Stone vibe yet a surprising amount of the movie follow Schwimmer. There's an element of running from pirates on the island but that doesn't take much time. This was completely absent of stakes. I did like seeing a pre-West Wing Allison Janney.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment