Saturday, August 30, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Outrageous Fortune

The Pitch: Diane Chambers and Bette Midler playing Carla run from the CIA.

What Took Me So Long: This was not an appealing cast or premise to me.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) George Carlin is in it. It does more to prove that he could not pick roles well at all but it's still nice to see him.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Shelley Long has always annoyed me or at least the roles she plays best annoy me (the overbearing intellectual). My thoughts aren't that much higher about Bette Midler. Needless to say, theirs is not a pairing that fills me with much delight. The scope of the movie got a lot bigger than I expected. Here I thought it was just about scorned lovers becoming "the unlikeliest of friends", then it turns into a cross country adventure running from the CIA and KGB. I'll give them this. They didn't go small.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment