Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Bull Durham

The Pitch: Curveball.

What Took Me So Long: This is one of those movies that I amazed myself that I hadn't seen it. I always looked at it from a "No, I must've seen it and don't remember" perspective.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) A Kevin Costner baseball [or sports, in general] movie is about the best guarantee you can get from a 80s/90s perspective. It's a nice and messy movie and works better for it. This is kind of Susan Sarandon's last big hurrah as a sex symbol (along with Thelma and Louise) and she goes at it with vigor.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I really don't have a reason. This is about as easy to watch as it comes. I'm not much of a baseball fan, so there's that natural limitation in my interest. Beyond that, it's a good cast and a light-hearted movie.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment