Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Delayed Reaction: The Bounty Hunter

The Pitch: Serving Sara except they used to be married. Yeah, that should be enough for people to not notice it is the same movie.

What Took Me So Long: I don't like Jennifer Aniston. I want to, but I don't like any of her movie choices since The Good Girl.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) It's a light-hearted romantic comedy, so it's hard to get enraged by anything in particular. There's some pretty good supporting performances. Jason Sudeikis is in his own movie most of the time. The only thing stopping him is that the material he is given is rubbish. Christine Baranski reminds me that she can deliver absolutely any line and milk a laugh out of it that few can.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Where to begin?...Gerard Butler should stay in action movies, I'm afraid. He can do comedy, but in small doses. Between this and The Ugly Truth, I'm not so sure about his romantic turns either. Then again, I've not seen P.S. I Love You, so maybe that's driving all the casting decisions. It's funny I should mention The Ugly Truth because it makes me realize something about Jennifer Aniston. Is there anything about her in this that you couldn't get with Katherine Heigl? There's nothing that she adds to this. Part of that is because it's a generic role. But seriously, how is this movie not Serving Sara?

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment