Sunday, August 31, 2014

Delayed Reaction: The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

The Pitch: It's be like the first two, only without the originality, entire cast, or overall effort.

What Took Me So Long: I was not a big fan of the first Mummy and I only recently saw the second, of course, delaying this.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) It's kind of fun seeing a franchise desperately try to prosper. Brendan Fraser is definitely the only star that HAD to return. The movie also gets that a proper villain is in order for this to work so they switch out The Rock for Jet Li which is a lateral move. Having Fraser's son grow up is a smart move from a "if there's a fourth movie" perspective.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: If Rachel Weisz isn't available and it's already an aging franchise, give it up. And this is coming from someone who quite likes Maria Bello. The whole movie is more "last gasp" than "breath of new life".

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment