Monday, August 4, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Kung Fu Panda 2

The Pitch: It'll be exactly like Kung Fu Panda with just enough plot changed to technically make it a different movie.

What Took Me So Long: It looked exactly the same as Kung Fu Panda with just enough plot changed to technically make it a different movie.


Why I Saw It: (Club 50) It was just like Kung Fu Panda with just enough plot changed to technically make it a different movie. I liked the first movie well enough. Dreamworks is not a studio I hold in high regard so all I needed was a little mindless fun and that's what I got. The voice cast is strong. It's funny hearing Jack Black, David Cross, and Seth Rogen doing the voices because there's no way a live action movie with them would be anything other than an R rating. Even though she's actually not that big of a star in movies, it always feels like a big "get" to have Angelina Jolie in it.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It was just like Kung Fu Panda with just enough plot changed to technically make it a different movie. Seriously, the original was ok. This is very much a sequel brought about because the first did well, not because they found something in the story worth continuing. And, it isn't like the characters are so damn likable that I'm happy just to see them again (that's more How To Train Your Dragon's billing).

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment