Saturday, August 30, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Uncle Buck

The Pitch: I don't think there was a pitch. I kind of get the feeling that John Hughes really wanted to with with John Candy.

What Took Me So Long: I'm not sure. It escaped my for years due to chance.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I like John Hughes movies. I like John Candy. No brainer, right? It's not a challenging movie and there aren't more than a couple good laughs. It's the kind of movie that doesn't need much more than that though.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: One fun thing about John Hughes movies is how the language doesn't reflect the audience of the movie. In other words, despite all the "shits", this is a kids movie. The plot is simple. The laughs are broad. The stakes are easy. Like most John Hughes movies, I've noticed, if you don't see this movie before a certain age, then it's not going to hold up as well.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment