Saturday, August 2, 2014

Delayed Reaction: The Mexican

The Pitch: Brad Pitt is a really bad con man in over his head.

What Took Me So Long: I wasn't sure what to make of the movie. The title didn't tell me much.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I like Brad Pitt, especially in comedies. I think he is a much better comedic actor than people give him credit for. Julia Roberts doesn't come off as all that different from Tess in Ocean's Eleven. James Gandolfini gets to play with and against type as a surprisingly funny gay hit man. I'm not entirely sure what the point of the movie was but it was fun to watch.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: As I said, I'm not totally sure what the point of the movie was. It was all-around odd yet pretty familiar.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment