Thursday, January 15, 2015

Delayed Reaction: The Smurfs 2

The Pitch: The first movie made how much money? Ok, well, let's make a sequel and...uh, set it in Paris.
What Took Me So Long: I was going to wait until I saw the first movie, then I decided that not much would be added from seeing the movies in order.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) NPH in a leading role? It's about time. I also like seeing Jayma Mays whenever I can. The voicecast of the Smurfs is wonderfully eclectic.  Where else are you going to find Katy Perry, Jonathan Winters (his final role. RIP), and Jeff Foxworthy in the same project?

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It's a fine kid's movie. There's not much for older audiences (although I didn't enjoy the birthday scene at the beginning, recapping all the dietary restrictions of the kids). I feel like the move to Paris drove the movie more than it should've (like they decided to set it in Paris THEN broke the story).

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment