Thursday, January 22, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Short Circuit 2

The Pitch: Look, we still aren't done counting the money from Short Circuit. Make sure Fischer Stevens can still do that horrible Indian accent. Don't worry about Ally Sheedy and Steve Guttenberg. We're going to Babe, Pig in the City this sucker: a reference that I won't know about for another decade.
How I Came Into It: I had to do a double take when I heard they made a sequel to Short Circuit. If there was ever a movie that succeeded due to alchemy that can't be reproduced, that is it.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I kind of had to see what they would do for an encore. While nowhere near a Gremlins 2-level departure, it kind of revels in the fact that it's not doing the same thing.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I don't see how they thought there was a movie without Ally Sheedy and Steve Guttenberg. It's funny to think that Caddyshack 2 came out two weeks later making the same casting mistake.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment