Monday, January 19, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Bad Grandpa

The Pitch: You know what Jackass was missing? A story line.
What Took Me So Long: This crosses what I call the Sacha Baron Cohen Threshold.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I've had a long history of shifting opinions of the Jackass series and I've settled on liking it because it's a bunch of guys playing pranks on one another (not on strangers). What they will do to themselves is unbelievable and Bad Grandpa continues in that tradition. I appreciate that they are trying to grow the form too by adding a narrative to all the stunts.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I flat out hate prank humor like this. It's nothing more than laughing at people who don't know any better. It's the difference between signing a waiver before and after. I'd own up to it if I laughed at anything in the movie, but I didn't at all. This rubbed me in every kind of wrong way.

Verdict (?): Strongly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment