Sunday, January 25, 2015

Delayed Reaction: In A World

The Pitch: It's about time we get a look into the cutthroat world of voice-over work.
What Took Me So Long: This was more of a simmering word-of-mouth kind of movie than a "you have to see this now" hit.

Why I Saw It: I like Lake Bell. She's kind of floated around movies and shows I've liked for the last decade and it's nice to see what she does with a more significant role (director, writer, and star covers that). The cast is a good mix of people that I like, from Demetri Martin to Ken Marino to Michaela Watkins and others. I never considered how much of a boy's club voice-over work is, so this was an interesting and funny look into that.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I wasn't crazy about the ending. It kind of snuck up on me and then it was over and I'm not totally sure what its argument was at that point. Small gripes though.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment