Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Safe House

The Pitch: Ryan Reynolds tries to keep Denzel Washington, a fugitive, safe nearly anywhere other than in a safe house.
How I Came Into It: This looked like a half-dozen other Denzel Washington movies, apparently, none of which I'd seen before this project of mine. I didn't even realize this one had Ryan Reynolds until it started.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) As lazy as it is at times, I like Denzel when he plays the cocky badass who knows he's the smartest person in any room. When he can do it so well, why stop? Ryan Reynolds does a good job at barely keeping it together. You don't see a lot of action movies set in South Africa (at least I don't), so that was a nice new settings to see things in.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It does feel like I wouldn't lose much by trying to watch any other Denzel movie of its ilk, like 2 Guns, Man on Fire, or even The Book of Eli. The unremarkableness of the movie is the biggest takeaway from it.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment