Friday, January 16, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Sabrina

The Pitch: Remember that classic movie Sabrina? Let's do that again.
What Took Me So Long: I figured that if I was going to see this movie, it would be the original version.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) It was on and I was bored. It's never going to come out favorably due to inevitable comparisons to the original. That said, Julia Ormond is charming, Harrison Ford and Greg Kinnear play the brothers well, and Sydney Pollack hits the needed beats. It's an amiable movie.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: The inevitable comparisons are with a classic movie starring Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart, and William Holden. Guess what? That's a mighty comparison. The more damning thing is that it's not a movie in need of an update. Nothing about the remake felt particularly modern or different so it's really a pointless effort.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment