Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Delayed Reaction: The Bucket List

The Pitch: We're going to make the opposite of Grumpy Old Men.
What Took Me So Long: Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman are known for a lot of things. Uplifting comedies are not one of them.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I'd watch Jacko and the Voice of God in just about anything. They are going to be good. That's a safe bet and they are enough to power this through to being watchable.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Maybe I'll appreciate this more when I'm older. The idea of the bucket list is an interesting one. To some extent, I like that this is just a collection of places they sent the two actors to. There's not a lot to the movie beyond that though. Sean Hayes is woefully miscast as the straight man (not meant as a joke) assistant of Nicholson. To be used well, he needs something bigger to do. Also, I don't mean to nit-pick, but regarding Jack's character having to share a room. Couldn't he just pay for both beds or something? There's no way they can make him not getting his own room plausible.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment