Sunday, January 25, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Gone in 60 Seconds

The Pitch: So, Nic Cage just signed a contract to make a movie and all it says is "Make a movie about cars or whatever. I don't know. I trust you, whoever you are." We could just dust off an old 70s movie and include some new cars.
What Took Me So Long: I used to hate the Fast and Furious movies on principle (No, I don't know what principle it was), and this looked like a less good version of those movies.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Believe it or not, there's three Oscar winners in this cast (Cage, Angelina Jolie, and Robert Duvall). There is some car stuff in this that, if I was more into cars, I'd be all about. Jolie in bad girl mode is not without its merits. Overall, the cast has an Ocean's Eleven-lite feel that I like.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Within three years of being released, there were better alternatives to this in every way. The Fast and the Furious was a better car movie. Ocean's Eleven was a better heist movie. The Italian Job was a better heist movie with cars.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment