Saturday, August 31, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Pet Sematary

The Pitch: "I just realized that this Stephen King story hasn't been made into a movie yet."


What Took Me So Long: I always thought it was a bad made-for-TV movie.

Why I Saw (Club 50) It: It turns out it was just a bad made-for-theaters movie. It's certainly an interesting concept, touching on some really powerful subjects like loss and hubris, and there are a few moments of legitimate suspense. 

Why I Wish I Hadn't: But, in the end, I can't figure out if it knows how bad it is. I suppose if it's intentionally kind of campy, then bravo, they made a campy movie that didn't do much for me. If it was all to be taken with a straight face (including the hilarious scenes of the baby trying to kill people) then this movie is either awful or does not hold up well over time.

Verdict (?): Strongly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment