Wednesday, August 7, 2013

DVR Purge: 7/31-8/6

So close to the return of Breaking Bad. It's hardly the makings of three updates a week, but it's a start.

 Past Purges



The Bridge "Maria of the Desert"
I'm struck by how secondary the search for the girl felt throughout the episode. I know they were working on it the whole time, but there wasn't the sense of urgency to it that a lot of shows would've forced on. Then, there was the formal introduction of the poorest looking cartel kingpin I've ever seen in a TV show. He could be fun.

Burn Notice "Nature of the Beast"

I feel bad because I haven't been paying attention to the details from week to week. This week was less interesting than last week. It's always a nice status quo (I've been using that phrase too often for this show. I need some new go-to phrases) to return to.

Wilfred "Perspective"
I'm surprised therapy didn't come sooner. This episode managed to be both warped and quite funny. I love the irony of the psychiatrist asking Ryan to bring Wilfred in because people find that soothing. Also, I enjoyed when the dalmatian Wilfred put Ryan on auto-pilot talking to the doctor while they traversed his subconscious. I'm still not sure how I'd say this season stacks up against the others, but so far, this has been exactly what you hope for when a show gets a new showrunner: consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment