Saturday, August 17, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Barnyard

The Pitch: Hey, lets do Toy Story but with animals.


What Took Me So Long: I don't tend to like animated movies or Nickelodeon movies made since 2000 (for obvious aging reasons) so to say I was in no rush to see this is redundant.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) It was on and little else. I hate that I naturally dismiss animated features, so I'll give some a chance even when all signs point to me regretting the decision.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: This was awful, and not just in a "It's a kids movie" way. My jaw dropped when I saw that this was from 2006. Toy Story looked better than this movie over 10 years before. It's tough to go after the voice acting much because all the actors can offer is their voice, but they didn't offer much. The most shocking thing was how bad the one-off jokes were. Apparently, all reference jokes that kids are supposed to get are horribly broad caricatures. I know kids are basically the lowest common denominator comically, but this was painful to watch. Not that you would consider seeing this, but let me save you some time: Don't.

Verdict (?): Strongly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment