Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bottom Comedy Movies of 1999

1-5 Wild Wild West
Not really a comedy and not really bad enough to deserve the entirety of the top 5 list. I had a hard time finding 4 more bottom feeders from that year (not that there aren't any). WWW is an abysmal movie. I'm still not sure whether the issue here was that there were too many cooks in the kitchen, not enough, or if the concept itself was never going to work even in the right hands.
On a side note: After watching An Evening with Kevin Smith, it makes me laugh to see that Jon Peters finally got his giant spider idea into a film.

 
DISHONORABLE MENTION
Obviously, I couldn't find five movies, so there's no overflow.


INCOMPLETE LIST
Analyze This
Good cast. Strong at the box office. It's stock has neither risen or declined over the years.Any time De Niro does comedy it is a risk with generally excellent payoff.

Election
I saw this movie years ago and knew I didn't get it at the time. All indications point toward a much better reception if I give it another chance. Besides, it takes too much effort to hate MTV Lifetime Achiement Award recipient Reese Witherspoon and Matthew "Save Ferris" Broderick.

Jawbreaker
Rose McGowan (Black hair, vintage version), Rebecca Gayheart, Julie Benz, and Judy Greer in a dark comedy in the vien of Heathers. Maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I could be very pleased if I ever get around to watching this.

No comments:

Post a Comment