Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Red

The Pitch: What happens when spies retire? Hilarity, right?

What Took Me So Long: It was always a second-choice kind of movie for me.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) The sequel was about to come out, so I needed this to decide if it was worth seeing. Frankly, it's a lot of older actors having fun playing roles that they don't get to often this late in their careers, and I have a soft spot for whenever you can tell the actors are enjoying themselves. It's odd to call Mary-Louise Parker and Karl Urban young guns,  but that totally fits in this case.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I can't think of any major knock on this. The concept of the movie I think is funnier than the execution. It's still pretty solid though. It's also nice to see a badass Helen Mirren and John Malkovich embrace his inner-kook.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment