Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Delayed Reaction: The Dream Team

The Pitch: It's the comedy that One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest wishes it could be.

What Took Me So Long: There's only one Dream Team I care to see and it had Christian Laettner, not Stephen Furst.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Michael Keaton always has a charm to him that I can't deny. Mostly, I find it fascinating how comedy has changed in the last 20 years. The equivalent of this now would probably be headlined by Zach Galifianakis and an old Chevy Chase and I assume would flop hard. The actual version kind of works though. Seen as a funny Cuckoo's Nest is probably the best light, especially considering Christopher Lloyd is in both.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: There is a reason why some comedies live for decades and others barely make it to video. There isn't any voice to this. It's tastes like something a studio put together because Michael Keaton said, "sure" and didn't have much more inspiration than that. A lot of movies get made that way, but few are any good. This one is not one of those few.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment