Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bottom Comedy Movies of 2002

1. The Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course
I don't care if he's dead. It doesn't make the movie any better.

2. Stealing Harvard
Tom Green really is the kiss of death.

3. The Tuxedo
Jackie Chan works well with some. Not so much with others. One guess as to which list JLH belongs on.

4. The Banger Sisters
Here we have a sort of mid-life crisis movie for women with a rock-n-roll style. If that sounds lame, you are right.

5. The Sweetest Thing
I've described Bridesmaids as "The Sweetest Thing done right", which I think is pretty accurate. There's nothing wrong with lady-centric comedy, but this lacks the polish needed to make it a strong comedy.


DISHONORABLE MENTION

The Santa Clause 2
The first was good. Part 3 was awful. This one is closer in quality to the latter.

Big Fat Liar
Yeah, it's a kid's movie. That doesn't mean it should suck.

Undercover Brother
Speaking of my distaste for Eddie Griffin. I don't understand who found this funny.


INCOMPLETE LIST

About Schmidt
When in doubt, believe in Jack. The movie always looked pretty good. I'm always afraid it will be the depressing kind of funny though.

Analyze That
As I said for Analyze This: "Good cast. Strong at the box office. It's stock has neither risen or declined of the years.Any time De Niro does comedy it is a risk with generally excellent payoff."

Adaptation
Is this a comedy? I think it is. See? I know nothing about it. That's why I have to acknowledge it as a contender.

Secretary
I almost watched this once. It was 2am on a Saturday night or something. I spent most of the time half asleep and confused: Not a good way to watch it. There was a quirky potential for it to be pretty good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment