Wednesday, August 28, 2013

DVR Purge 8/21-8/27

Yay! Breaking Bad. That is all.

Past Purges



The Bridge "Destino"
It's nice how even though there was a lot in this episode about the serial killer mystery, a great deal of the episode had nothing to do with it. I'm still trying to figure out which of the characters will be around long term and which are here for arcs (which could be fixed by paying attention to any of the credits, I suppose). That makes this fun to watch. I get the feeling that however things play out with Bobby Cobb, it won't be good, especially for him. We see a less slobby side of Fausto this week. Honestly, I found him less intimidating because of it. I have no idea what the long term plans are for Linder are but I'm still digging his Buffalo Bill voice considering that Buffalo Bill is on the show.
As for the shootout, I'm not sure where I stand on that. specifically, the perfect timing of the exploding head was a little irritating and convenient. And, when Sonya and Jack Childress shoot each other and go flying back, I can't decide if that was cheesy or cool. Perhaps both.

Burn Notice "Tipping Point"
I watched this in three sittings and honestly, I don't remember what happened too well. Michel is getting in deeper with Sonya and she is falling for him [we think]. The rest of the gang...is doing stuff to help him. I promise, I'll pay better attention next week, but isn't the fact that I don't have to pay attention the best thing about the show?

Wilfred "Stagnation"
I love the treatment of Wilfred around a dog in heat. While I've never spoke to a dog in heat, that seems pretty accurate. Then, the revelation about Ann-Drew. Omg! Does that mean some more Jenna soon? Kristen has definitely been more of a regular character which I'm starting to not mind.

Breaking Bad "Confessions"
There's no difference between Walter White and Heisenberg at this point, is there? I don't think there's a single person he didn't manipulate this week in some small way. He effectively shuts down Hank and Marie (for now at least) by proving how he could take them down with him. This was especially remarkable because I still keep hoping there's some goodness left in him. Stupidly, I thought that was going to be a real confession. It was not even close to that though. Then there's Jesse who finally gets something to do. Up till now, he's had his suspicions but lacked anything to back them up. As we see, all it takes is one lifted bag of pot to trigger a burst of fury. I fully wondered if this would be the last of Saul or at least Huell, just as he started getting some prominence too. Of course, they weren't going to be targets. Mr. White is first and foremost on that list. Jesse is going to focus all the energy on his anger toward him. I'm very curious to see how this plays out because I don't remember the White house having any fire damage in the flash forward, so does that mean next week will start with the long awaited Jesse/Flynn faceoff. I don't know if anyone is home when Jesse gets there. Walt even plays Skylar a little when getting a gun, but most of that has to do with her numbness to the whole situation rather than Walt's ability to play it cool. Things are moving so quickly now which is good, because it still doesn't seem like there's enough time.
-The waiter never did show up with that water, did he?

No comments:

Post a Comment