Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bottom Comedy Movies of 2005

1. Herbie: Fully Loaded
Do I need to see this to know it's bad? I say, No.

2. Monster-in-Law
I hate Jennifer Lopez as a lead. I won't even apologize for it.

3. Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous
Yay. Some more uncalled for sequels. The first movie left no room/need for a sequel. Sandra Bullock is a good actress, not a one trick pony. No need to rehash that which was not asked for.

4. Cheaper by the Dozen 2
What do you do with a sequel to a movie with a cast that is unmanageably large by design? If you guessed "introduce another equally large family" you would be correct. Seriously, it's like watch Love, Actually for tweens.

5. Deuce Bigalow 2: European Gigolo
A sequel to a Rob Schneider movie. What else has to be said?


DISHONORABLE MENTION

Son of the Mask
Never saw it, but I have a hunch it belongs her.


INCOMPLETE LIST

The Family Stone
I think this may go in the direction of Spanglish, but the cast looks solid (even including SJP) and I never heard people say horrible things about it.

Match Point
I need to give up on Woody Allen movies yet I can't get myself to do it.

Broken Flowers
Bill Murray doing his quirky comedic thing works for Lost in Translation. I guess it could here.

Junebug
And again I ask, is this even a comedy? I think it is, so I'll include it. The Wikipedia summary makes it sound about as funny as Sideways, so I question if it's a comedy...what's that? Sidways is a comedy too?

No comments:

Post a Comment