Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Pride & Prejudice

The Pitch: I think the Colin Firth mini-series didn't look proper enough. We should really take another stab at it.

What Took Me So Long: It's an Oscar nominated Victorian period piece. And, I kept considering watching the mini-series instead since people love it so much.

Why I Saw It: It's an Oscar nominated Victorian period piece. The Bennet sisters are basically a collection of actresses I'd like to see in more prominent roles, from Jena Malone who I haven't seen in anything in years to Carey Mulligan who has broke out significantly since this movie came out but still isn't quite in the A list. And, I will say, it stuck to the book pretty well. I assume that reads as more of a compliment than it is from me.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It's an Oscar nominated Victorian period piece. I'm not sure why this book is so often adapted for the screen. The story is a little dull for the screen. It looks really good, so I appreciate the production, but I find it tedious to watch it play out. I do need to point out, as I often do, I am not the intended audience for this so I fully get why other people enjoy it much more than I do.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommen

No comments:

Post a Comment