Friday, August 9, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot!

The Pitch: I've got a really funny title for a movie. Can we make it work? It doesn't matter. We have Sylvester Stallone signed on already.

What Took Me So Long: I didn't even know this movie existing until a few months ago. The title certainly caught my eye though.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Look at that title. How could I not get a glass of bourbon and watch it. There's something intriguing about punchline titles. Throw Momma from the Train comes to mind (or Hot Tub Time Machine). The bluntness of it can work in its favor. This wasn't the case as much. Stallone isn't as fun when he's in on the joke in a movie. He pulls off earnest. He isn't a comedic actor. Estelle Getty, fresh off Golden Girls isn't all that bad in this, but it's hard for anyone to overcome this material.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Does anyone need to tell you that this is bad. I think it was better than I expected based only off the title, but that like getting a 10% or a 20% on a test: either way, you still failed.

Verdict (?): Strongly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment