Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bottom Comedy Movies of 2006

1. Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
I hate everything this movie stands for. I could (and likely will at some point) fill pages dissecting why. I think it best comes down to there being a difference between something that makes me laugh and comedy. This movie frustrates me on a nearly philosophic level. Let's just say I hate this movie and all those people who love it should be ashamed of themselves.

2. Nacho Libre
From the people that brought you Napoleon Dynamite. Looks like they were a one trick pony. And my god, Jack Black, choose a good project.

3. RV
I've said it once. I'll say it again. Just because it's a kids' movie, doesn't forgive it for being a bad movie.

4. The Pink Panthe
A great example of a movie that worked on no levels. Pity. I like Steve Martin, as a concept.

5. My Super Ex-Girlfriend
The movie knows it's bad, so I forgive it a lot because of that. Still, it did get made, so someone had to think it was a good idea.


DISHONORABLE MENTION
Tyler Perry's Madea's Family Reunion
Oh, Tyler Perry. I'm not ready yet.

Date Movie
Alyson Hannigan getting top billing is the ONLY thing saving this. Nothing else in the movie

Man of the Year
Robin Willaims and Christopher Walken playing off each other should be comedic gold. Not that's not enough. It should be comedic platinum. Supplementing them with Jeff Goldblum and Lewis Black. Fuck, I would watch a movie that's just 2 hours of them, in a room, talking to each other. A premise of "Jon Stewart running for president" is an amazing launching point. How the hell do you mess that up? Answer: by turning it into a whistle blower movie. I cannot fathom how they can fuck such potential up. The only thing saving this from the bottom five is that despite the poor direction, writing, and production of this movie, the casting brings enough good moments to keep it interesting.

Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector
No one is ever going to stand up to defend this movie, so it's kicking a dead horse to attack it too much.


INCOMPLETE LIST

Scary Movie 4
I always leave a little room for hope with the Scary Movie series, because they are largely better than the other style genre parodies.

A Prairie Home Companion
Best in Show was good. I think this is from the same people.

No comments:

Post a Comment