Thursday, August 15, 2013

Top Comedy Movies - Intro

Comedy movies get no respect. There is almost never a comedy on a top ten list for any year and the rare times there is, it's one that isn't particularly funny like "Sideways" or "The Kids are All Right". With that in mind, I'm making my list of best comedies of each year going to...1999. It was going to be a nice, round 2000, but 1999 was too good to leave out. Any further back and, frankly, I haven't seem enough of what's out there to consider myself an authority.*

* No, I don't really consider myself an authority from 1999-Present either, but I figure if you actually read my lists, then you value my opinion at least enough to disagree.

The break down, before I start.
It's a top 7 list, because not enough years warranted a 10.

Top 7: My top 7 comedies of that year. I am trying to stress comedy here. A movie may be more complete, often, but can get lowered due to a lack of comedic focus. And, maybe it won't. Another important factor. This is my list. It won't be objective, but it will be right**.
Honorable Mention: More than 7 good comedies come out most years. These didn't make my cut.
Bottom 5: Thanks primarily to bad parodies, there's always a few problem "comedies". Note that #1 I consider the worst, not the best of the 5.
Dishonorable Mention: Sadly, some years are filled with too much suck but not enough to break the top 5.
Incomplete List: I'm not perfect. There are movies I haven't seen. These are my best guesses of movies that could crack the list if I ever saw them.

** In my opinion.

So, this will be dominating this blog probably through the end of the year. I expect a considerable level of refinement going into them as time passes (or maybe less. Who the fuck cares?). Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. What's the good word, Chief Wiggum? Start on The Princess Bride yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work's slowing down soon, so I should be able to get some good reading done then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am junkies of comedy movies and i have collected couple of movies which are in favorites lists. Last week, i had enjoyed "up and down" movie.
    LED Grow Lights

    ReplyDelete