Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bottom Comedy Movies of 2000

1. Ready to Rumble
How could this movie go right? It's a train wreck start to finish. I've watched it several times, not ironically.

2. The Ladies Man
It's a shame the Blues Brothers was so good (and to a lesser extent, Wayne's World), because the SNL track record has been largely full of duds ever since.

3. The Replacements
The movie is so forgettable I almost didn't rank it here, but then I remembered it stars my good friend Keanu.

4. Shanghai Noon
I own it. I like it. It's not a good movie. Cheap jokes. Lazy humor. It's a shame because Owen Wilson is probably the best person to play off Jackie Chan I've seen. A lazy movie and no one involved in making it would fight that claim.

5. Little Nicky
Does it deserve to be on a Bottom list? Probably not. Consider this my way of recognizing the end of Adam Sandler's streak of good movies.


DISHONORABLE MENTION
Didn't do enough digging to find more bad movies. I'm sure they're out there.


INCOMPLETE LIST

Chicken Run
This is one of those rare movies that I never heard any opinions of from anyone. Considering it's fairly unique nature [stateside], I'm leaving room to believe it could be a quality movie.

The Whole Nine Yards
This has the quirky appeal of something like "Analyze This". There's a relaxed humor vibe I always liked about it, but never got around to seeing in full.

No comments:

Post a Comment