Saturday, August 3, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Casa De Mi Padre

The Pitch: Will Ferrell really wants to learn Spanish.

What Took Me So Long: It was understandably hard to find in theaters. Also, I admit to being a lazy American and not wanting to watch something with subtitles [because I'm splitting my focus on a movie most of the time, not because I'm scared of having to read something].

Why I Saw It: It's kind of one big running-gag, Will Ferrell in a Spanish language western. It's so stupid but played so seriously: an amusing contrast. It's mostly actors that I haven't seen before, you know, due to being in Spanish but they all seemed to fit the Gary Sanchez zaniness.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: As much as I did enjoy it, the biggest laugh is the concept and nothing in the movie can match that. I still enjoyed this a lot, but it really felt like it should've been better.

Verdict (?): Strongly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment