Sunday, August 4, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Summer School

The Pitch: It's a high school comedy - but in the SUMMER.

What Took Me So Long: I feel like this is one of those movies that if I didn't chance upon it when I was much younger that I would never feel the urge to see it.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Well, Mark Harmon is really comfortable in this role. While not a overtly comedic actor, I think it is what he fits best in. A young Courtney Thorne-Smith is always welcome to see as is Kirstie Alley right before her run on Cheers. Oh, and there's a dog with sunglasses. You can't go wrong there. I also took me forever to realize where I'd seen Fabiana Udenio before (A: The first Austin Powers movie. Surprised that I remembered that).

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It's a stupid movie that isn't particularly inspired. Then again, if something is called a "slacker comedy" I'm pretty sure that's what they are going for. Also, I get the feeling that someone in the production really liked The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but that gag feels dated even for a 25 year old movie.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment