Thursday, August 15, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Battle: Los Angeles

The Pitch: We want to remake Black Hawk Down only, get a different director, make it PG-13, give it a happy ending, and make them fight aliens so that it appeals to the foreign box office.

What Took Me So Long: Frankly, I couldn't believe it did so well in the box office and I kept confusing it with Dragon Wars for some reason, which has to be a bad omen.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) It was on, most importantly. I wanted to know if it was one of those hidden gems of a movie or one that was really weak in a lot of areas but had one thing going for it, like a perverse humor about it or admirable earnestness.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: You know that feeling watching a movie of every actor being the 2 choice to play their role? I couldn't shake that the whole time I was watching this. Even people who are generally really good like Aaron Eckhart, Michelle Rodriguez (who should be a natural fit here), and Michael Pena didn't seem right. It's also hard to get in to a movie when it is obvious that backed out of making any bold choices.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment