Saturday, September 27, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Entrapment

The Pitch: I want another The Rock, but with a more attractive Nic Cage.

What Took Me So Long: I never got the impression that there was more to this movie than the scene when Zeta-Jones breaks into the museum by dancing around the security sensors.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Heist movies are fun by their very nature and this one goes about as big as possible. Catherine Zeta Jones has only been more attractive in a Zorro movie and gets to be incredibly capable as well. Sean Connory was the original old man action hero and he can still pull it off somewhat here.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: The problem with movies like this is that several twists isn't the same as good twists. I don't know if I'd call this movie clever, although I'm sure clever is what they were going for. Sometimes, not knowing who is on whose side is disorienting in a way that hurts the movie. By the time it ends, I think they were just throwing out twists to see how many they could fit.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment