Thursday, September 4, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Push

The Pitch: Super powers. Let's do something with that, but we'll make it dirtier than Marvel, and more confusing.

What Took Me So Long: I could make the Precious joke right now, but that is beneath you and me.

Why I Saw It: Captain America got me a lot more interested in Chris Evans and Dakota Fanning has too fun of a career to start ignoring the gaps. Honestly, I think the biggest thing this movie has going for it is that it's only a small corner of a larger thing. It all feels like a single story in a large tale, which I'm certain is because they hoped to franchise this. In hindsight, there's no chance we're seeing a second movie, so it's good that the story it told, which felt like the end of another episode than laying the foundation for anything.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Let me put it this way. I saw the movie the movie about a week before writing this (meaning, yes, "reaction" isn't the best word for what to call this, but shut up. I'm keeping it this way), and I'm having trouble remembering the mythology of the movie. Evans can push things with his mind + hand. Fanning sees the future, but so does one of the bad guys, or something. Basically, it's an enjoyable throwaway movie.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment