Friday, September 5, 2014

Delayed Reaction: The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The Pitch: So, my name is Stephen Chbosky. I wrote a book about being a teenager that's kind of depressing. Then, I adapted my book into a screenplay. I'd like to direct that now. Get Hermoine.

What Took Me So Long: I honestly don't know. I somehow didn't see it in theaters then somehow took way too long to move it up my Netflix queue. I have no good excuse.

Why I Saw It: I get the feeling that this is one of those movies that in 20 years we will look at and say "I can't believe all the people that were in this". Logan Lerman, Ezra Miller, and Emma Watson are about as good a young core as one could hope for. I like the alternative take on the quintessential high school experience that it has as well.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Emma Watson has a tough time dropping the accent at points. When that's my biggest issue, I'm calling that a good thing.

Verdict (?): Strongly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment