Saturday, September 27, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Outbreak

The Pitch: What if a disease could be an action movie?

What Took Me So Long: This is one of those generic 90's titles like Entrapment or Disclosure that are so boring. I couldn't tell if I'd seen it or not.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) The story takes its time to show the spread of the disease as well as show what everyone at the CDC has to do to control and investigate. Any time Dustin Hoffman, Morgan Freeman, and Kevin Spacey top your billing, there's going to be some good acting (even if what they are delivering don't match their talent level).

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It plays up the stakes a bit too much and tries to turn itself into an action movie in the third act. I can't help but look at this as someone who has seen Contagion as well and realizing how much more histrionic Outbreak is.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment