Sunday, September 28, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Chicken Run

The Pitch: We're Dreamworks and we need to do something different to separate ourselves fromDisney Animation. An untested claymation British studio sounds like the way to go. Take whatever their next project is and back it with a full PR blitz.


What Took Me So Long: I'm not sure. The previews annoyed me when it first came out (I'm not sure why) so I always dismissed it.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Claymation is fun alternative in animation and the voice cast is a perfectly likable one. In terms of the humor, I'd describe the jokes as cute and not much else. I also love that G movies rarely hit the 90 minute mark.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Great animated movies are for all ages. Good ones or worse leave the feeling that you are being talked down to. I'm sure how much of this is marvelously entertaining for children but it was very trite to me. And, I didn't appreciate the comparisons to WWII prisoner camps. Animals being afraid of getting turned into food is a well that's dipped into far too often to be considered clever anymore.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment