Friday, September 12, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Wolf

The Pitch: Jack Nicholson turns into a Werewolf...No, I don't know why he signed on either, but he's on board, so let's get this made.

What Took Me So Long: When the cover alone looks this bad, there's little motivation to go out of the way to see it.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I mean, Jack Nicholson. That alone gives just about anything a pass. In the moments when he isn't completely bored, he's fun to watch. Michelle Pfieffer at peak attractiveness is there and a young James Spader plays the villain..uh, that's about it.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It wasn't particularly scary. It's wasn't particularly exciting. It's wasn't particularly funny. It wasn't particularly campy. No matter what they were aiming to do with this, I think they missed the mark. I'm kind of baffled that this is from the director of The Graduate and was made in between Regarding Henry and The Birdcage. It doesn't fit anything.

Verdict (?): Strongly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment