Friday, September 5, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Why Did I Get Married?

The Pitch: You know what Friends & Lovers was missing? Black people and god.

What Took Me So Long: I have a long established distaste for Tyler Perry's movies, but I can't keep a blind hatred going. Besides, maybe he could surprise me with one of these.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) It's nice seeing Tyler Perry out of the Madea suit. Also, we don't see much of Janet Jackson, so, there's that. It's a nice, simple premise, so it's not trying to do too much with that.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Wooden dialogue. People doing and saying things in ways that no human would. "Story of the week" storylines. Characters that are as unlikable as you can get. Random moments of forced drama. Look, this is just bad. There's a difference between "target audience" and bad, and this is bad. It doesn't help that the comedy is too broad and shrill for my taste, but I can overcome that if the other parts are well done.

Verdict (?): Strongly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment