Saturday, December 19, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Underworld Evolution

What I Guessed It Was About: Sexy Vampire (Kate Beckinsale) fights a bunch of other vampires due to some sort of political dispute. There's werewolf lynchan fighting too.
How I Came Into It: I only recently watched the first movie and it made no impression on me. Even Kate Beckinsale was somehow forgettable. I didn't have anything against it though. I was prepared for Evolution to either solidify my disinterest and change the direction in a meaningful enough way to pull me in.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Kate Beckinsale sure knows how to kicks ass. It makes me laugh when I think about how helpless she had to play in Contraband, which is a movie that, by all means, she should've had a chance to shine in. This movie is confidently what it is. There's no half-assing it. Whatever the first movie did to make fans interested in a sequel, that's here.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Sometimes, I will watch a movie and come away completely blank. Not neutral. Not indifferent. Blank. I watched this and tried to pay attention and it didn't work. Considering that I had a similar feeling after watching the Twilight movies and the Blade movies, I may just not like vampire movies. That shouldn't be a surprise for anyone who knows me. I'm not sure if this is better or worse than outright hating a movie. At least I have an opinion of something like Sex & the City 2. I remember beats and plot points. I can't even do that with Underworld Evolution.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment