Sunday, September 29, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Sex and the City 2

The Pitch: The first movie did well despite bad reviews. Who's to say that won't happen again.

What Took Me So Long: I barely wanted to see the first movie and I wanted to see this dramatically less than that one, so what you should be asking is what in god's name made me decide to watch it ever.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) A "know your enemy" mindset was a lot of my reason for seeing this. Even more than that, however, I wanted to understand how this could be worse than the first movie.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: All in all, I thought the show had a pretty good ending. The first movie undid a lot of that and gave the series a weaker ending. This movie undid that and gave the series a mediocre ending. Anyone clamoring for there to be another must regret what they got. I could go on about how awful this was, but that would be more words than this is worth.

Verdict (?): Strongly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment