Monday, September 16, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Stigmata

The Pitch: It'll be The Exorcist but with bleeding.

What Took Me So Long: I don't like the thought of stigmata. It sounds painful.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) As far as religions go, Catholicism has the best fan-fiction. It's all so ritualized with layers upon layers of history that you can get a really warped and mysterious story which this movie aspires to be. In terms on frightening imagery, it has them all.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: The problem is that in the end it will always be a story about a renegade priest, feature numerous scenes that come off religious education in some way, and be compared to The Exorcist, all of which are tall orders. I found this more forgettable than I figured it would be.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment