Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Short Term 12

What I Guessed It Was About: Brie Larson...is doing something...with kids. Volunteering or something.
How I Came Into It: All I really knew about this was that all sorts of people were saying Brie Larson was snubbed for an Oscar nomination in this. That's all I really needed to know.

Why I Saw It: Not surprisingly, Brie Larson was incredible in this. She absolutely carries the movie. As much as I liked her previously, I hadn't seen her in anything where she was more than just likable. This is the first great performance. I all-around enjoyed the movie though. The other actors were quite good. The group home setting was very interesting, including the way the employees interact with the kids. The story is bookended well. It looks good, despite a limited budget. Larson is the takeaway from this though.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It dips into "After school special" territory just a little bit. They make it work though.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment