Sunday, December 20, 2015

Delayed Reaction: The Bear

What I Guessed It Was About: It's the story of a bear...that's it.
How I Came Into It: I say this about nearly all of these movies recently, but I didn't know much about this. The bear was the only given.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I liked this a lot more than I expected. Minimal dialogue. Minimal sound track. It's mostly told with a couple trained bears. It's kind of amazing story-telling: a reminder of how little has to be said to be followed. Not enough people have seen this movie and that's a shame.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I have mixed opinions about the people characters. They are almost comically arch until the end. That's needed though. There's a lot of dog violence. I don't ever want to hear a dog cry or whimper or yelp, so that wasn't any fun.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment