Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Results

The Pitch: What if Cobie Smulders was your personal trainer and a complete mess?
How I Came into It: It's December, that wonderful time of year when there's no new shows and I realize that there's all sorts of movies from Sundance this past winter that have made their way to Netflix. Might as well get to a couple low investment dramedies.

Why I Saw It: It was fun constantly having to remind myself that Guy Pearce wasn't 1993 Jean-Claude Van Damme. Cobie Smulders gets to use all the most sour aspects of Robin Scherbatsky, which is kind of fun.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: This is a pretty forgettable "White People Problems" movie. I got to the end and my only thought was "why?" I still don't have and answer to that question. It's not bad or a slog to get through. I just don't get the point. This definitely fits in that category of Sundance movies that feel more like tryouts for the next project than a committed effort.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment